- Before you leave for the airport, all cadets who have signed up for an orientation flight are required to call the number given on the orientation flight schedule web page on the day of the flight. If nobody answers, listen to the voice mail greeting to see if o-flights are still on and leave a message with your name stating that you have listened to the greeting. If it is known that a flight will be cancelled before the day of the flight, you will be informed ahead of time.
- Arrive on time. Flight order is determined on a first come-first serve basis.
- Wear the proper uniform. The proper uniform for o-flights is BDU’s with boots.
- Bring your identification. You must have your current CAP I.D. card to fly.
- Dress for the weather. If it’s winter, all personnel riding in CAP aircraft must have a proper coat, gloves, and hat. If it’s summer, bring a canteen. Orientation pilots can refuse to fly anyone who does not come prepared for the weather.
- Ask questions and have a fun and enjoyable flight! Feel free to bring your camera!
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND
If you are signed up and cannot make it, call the number given on the orientation flight schedule web page. If nobody answers, leave a message with the following information:
- Your name
- State that you cannot attend the orientation flight
- State the date of the flight